The Civil War Parlor
”The dead continue to live by way of the resurrection we give them in telling their stories” -Stories of Real Human Beings Make History Powerful, Photographs Make it Immediate.
A Blog Remembering the Men and Women of the American Civil War, North & South, people, faces, and a unique culture we will never see again. Photos and stories about the people that lived it, including African American Photographs, Pre-Civil War history & the period in cultural history that began just after the Civil War. The historical info, photos and documents on this blog reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. This blog does not endorse the views expressed in some posts, which may contain materials offensive to some readers. You cannot compare the beliefs, values, politics, ethical values of today to the people of the 1800's.
Every effort is taken to remember the men and women of the Union and Confederacy equally with dignity and respect.
The events of the war, and the men of the war, are fast fading from the public attention. Its history is growing to be an “Old, Old Story.” Public interest is weakening day by day. The memory of march, and camp, and battle-field, of the long and manly endurance, of the superb and uncomplaining courage, of the mass of sacrifice that redeemed the Nation, is fast dying out. Those who rejoice in the liberty and peace secured by the soldier’s suffering and privation, accept the benefits, but deny or forget the benefactor-1877 National Tribune.
Stacey Palmer |
TheCivilWarParlor@gmail.com Use TUMBLR in message header.
- peerintothepast reblogged this from thecivilwarparlor and added:
- fastumhell likes this
- bill541 likes this
- theroamer likes this
- civilwarfamily likes this
- willprouty likes this
- when-lions-meet-the-sea reblogged this from for-classy-eyes-only and added:
- libertariancontrarian likes this
- ffactory reblogged this from thecivilwarparlor
- utprep likes this
- whitetrashjetsetter reblogged this from l-e-v
- for-classy-eyes-only reblogged this from l-e-v
- gentlemansoldier reblogged this from cottonandcacti
- noenoenoe likes this
- cottonandcacti reblogged this from thecivilwarparlor
- l-e-v reblogged this from thecivilwarparlor
- justanothergryffindor reblogged this from thecivilwarparlor
- thecivilwarparlor posted this